Because all our knives are made to order, we ask that our customers contact us with the details of your request rather than offer "click options" on our site so we can provide the best & a more personalized service.
We only accept orders that can be shipped to destinations the USA & Canada. (*See "Exception" below)
* Order requests can be placed by phone, regular mail or email (preferred method for the fastest response).
Please include all the following information for efficient processing of your order:
1. Your full name & mailing address. (Include alternate address if you want shipment to a different location).
2. Phone Number
3. Email address (important because we use this method for all correspondence)
4. List the knife model(s), quantities & any available options you want to include.
* Please do not send any payment when placing your order. This will not speed up the completion of your order &
only results in more office work for us. Payment will be requested at a later date when all work is completed and
your order is ready to ship.
* Upon receiving your request we will send confirmation of all the order details & total cost, & provide an estimated
time frame when we expect to have your order completed & ready to ship.
* We'll contact you when we're ready to schedule the start of your order, & at that time will again confirm details to
be sure all info on the work order is correct & to make sure you'd be ready for your knife(s) at during the time
frame provided. Last minute changes can be made at that time, although it's always best to inform us of changes
ASAP to avoid potential completion delays.
* After we receiving your confirmation to begin work on your order we will get started. You will receive an
update on order progress as soon as we get far enough along to know the actual week everything will be finished
so you have time to prepare.
* A Completion Notice will be sent when all work on your knife order is finished & it's available to ship.
Payment method will be arranged at that time & must be received by us within (7) days from the date of your
Note: Because are only a small shop, we are limited to the amount of time we are able to hold onto finished orders.
After (7) days, all unclaimed orders, or those which we receive no reply to make other arrangements, are
subject to being offered for sale to the next customer in line.
* Methods of Payment:
We accepted payment by Check, US Postal Money Order, or PayPal.
Orders paid by personal check may incur a brief delay in shipment to permit sufficient time to clear your bank.
There is a $25.00 service charge for any checks returned due to insufficient funds.
If you request payment by PayPal, we will send you an itemized invoice through PayPal for your convenience.
We are not set up to accept payment by credit cards directly, but PayPal will accept this method when making
payment on your invoice.
* You will receive an update on the day of shipment so you know when your order is on its way. At that time we can
also let you know the estimated date for delivery & will also provide a Tracking number.
All domestic knife orders are shipped by USPS Priority Mail w/full-value Postal Insurance coverage & will require
a signature to help ensure safe delivery. A signature is required by USPS due to the insured value of our knives.
IMORTANT NOTES & POLICIES:
1. It is the customer's responsibility to notify us of any changes to the details of their order, which includes a change
of mailing & email address & phone number. Failure to update our records can result in the cancellation of your
order if we can't contact you.
2. Customers must reply to all correspondence. Realizing that travel & other unforeseen circumstances may find you
absent for a period of time, we allow (30) days to receive a response for general correspondence, or for replying to
Order Start notices. Failure to respond to notices by the time frame directed can result in the removal of your order
from our waiting list.
3. If you are going to be unavailable during the time frame your order is scheduled to be completed, it is the
customers responsibility to contact us to arrange an alternate completion date that's more convenient, otherwise
you risk missing your opportunity.
*The above policies were created to resolve past problems affecting order scheduling, & to also ensure we are
devoting our time to those who do want their orders filled so we can provide a better service for all.
* IMORTANT INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS:
Due to ongoing difficulties experienced with foreign Customs agencies, & the failure of accessible carriers to provide adequate protection & liability coverage to ensure the safe delivery of our products, until further notice we are no longer shipping new orders to any destination outside of the USA & Canada (*See "Exceptions" below)
Until further notice, foreign customers are welcome, but must also provide a US-based shipping address to place an order with us.
We realize this is a disappointment to many as we value all our foreign customers, & hate to lose their business, but until we can be assured of a safe, & trouble-free delivery, we must limit destinations we will ship to.
We apologize for this inconvenience and than you for your understanding.
1. We do ship to US Military personnel stationed abroad providing an
Overseas Military Mail address.
2. We will still fill all foreign orders (as able) placed prior to 2018 which await
completion. These will continue to be shipped as arranged with the buyer,
but special terms & conditions will apply, which include: David R Beck
Knifesmith, LLC is not liable for any damage, theft, loss, or confiscation of
merchandise shipped to any destination outside of the USA as directed by
the customer; Due to the high costs of foreign shipments, total shipping
costs for merchandise returned to us for any reason, other than a miss-
printed shipping label of our own mistake, is not refundable, & shipping
costs are not transferable to the shipment of exchanged merchandise.
The buyer, by completing their order with payment, acknowledges
full understanding of, & agrees to these terms of sale as stated above.